Saturday, December 1, 2012

It's Christmas Time!!!

Source
I am so excited! I L.O.V.E this time of year.  Ask anyone!  My desk is already partially decorated at work, even Catastrophe is all decked out, and anyone who knows me knows that ONLY Christmas carols may be played in my car from now through December 25th.  Everyone hates it …but it must be done. 
I get so excited when the malls and the town squares put up their decorations …which is now happening before Thanksgiving but I’m not about that life. I like Christmas to have its own time. I won’t some much as peep a Christmas carol until the Friday after Thanksgiving …but then it’s on!
This year Zee and I already started out holiday festivities with a tree lighting.  It was SUPER fun but it was coooold!  …still had a blast, though.

Besides all of the Christmas cheer, Christmas crafts and decorations, and the holiday celebrations, my favorite things about the holidays are the traditions.  Some of our traditions include…
  1. Christmas carols in the car, of course!  (…and at work ;))
  2. Winter Wonderland – A Boston College Christmas celebration complete with sleigh rides and Santa
  3. Shopping for our holiday moon ornament we buy every year. I’ll tell you guys all about it soon ;)
  4. Brand new Christmas Eve Christmas PJs.
  5. Holiday Specials! Our #1 is The Santa Clause …but some of our favorites include ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas (the one with the mice), A Year Without a A Santa Claus, Frosty the Snowman (Zee’s fav), A Christmas Carol (my personal fav), The Christmas Toy (a shared SUPER favorite), and this isn’t a particular favorite but we can’t have Christmas without “Ears, Nestor.” (Nestor the Christmas Donkey)
  6. Leaving Christmas milk and cookies for Santa and reading ‘Twas the Night before Christmas on Christmas Eve
This year I’m adding a new tradition. Elf on the Shelf!! I’m so excited. It’ll be our first year with our little mischievous friend.  I can’t wait to start!

Those are a couple of our holiday traditions?  What are yours?  Are there any special things you do with your loved ones for the holidays??

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing ! As soon as December 1st hits it's Christmas music all day! :) My family usually has a Christmas get together sharing presents,stories and eating as much as our stomachs can take. I love this time of year so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your how you made your blog all christmasy! I've got a christmas tree in a box that you just inspired me to put up. Thanks so much. I'm really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...