Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Center Stage Naturals: Carlyne

Please introduce yourself.

My name is Carlyne also known as Creolelioness.

How long have you been natural?
I've been natural for 4yrs now.


What made you decide to go natural?

I decided to go natural because I was so tired of the damage that I was doing to my hair with a relaxer. I also got tired of the scabs I would get from getting burned by the chemicals. I wanted my hair to be healthy without having to go through the pain.

What were the reactions you experienced when going natural? Did you receive any positive or negative comments?

I attempted to go natural before but the responses I got had me double guess myself and I didnt last 2 months before I went back to the creamy crack.
The response was so negative and had not support. Then the following year in 2008 I decided that I would go natural despite what people thought. I decided that I would
love my hair and make it work.

Who are your hair inspirations, if any?

At the time that I went natural I did not know about the natural hair guru's I know about now. I did not know the natural hair community even existed. So I would
say that I was my own inspiration.


Do you have a regimen? If so, what is it?
My current regimen is, I wash twice a month using Dr. Bronners Castile soap, then I condition with Renpure Organics conditioner. To deep condition, I use a mixture
of conditioner, castor oil, and honey. I usually twist my hair up for the week after washing using Hello hydration conditioner and sealing my ends with coconut oil.

What are your favorite products?

Favorite products right now are Hello hydration, coconut oil, and Kinky curly Knot today.

You are the owner of Love Your Natural Hair. What made you want to blog about natural hair?

I started blogging because although there were so many other naturals out there, people wanted to hear from someone that had their hair type or similar. They wanted
to know what worked for me and what did not because they can easily relate to my hair type. I wanted to give them the information they needed if they couldnt find it else where.


You have an Etsy store and I love your black rose earrings!!  When can we expect new items in your Etsy store?

Blogging opened me up to so many ideas and opportunities and designing jewelry is one of them. It started out as a hobby then I began getting requests. It was fun for the
moment but it became to much for what I was doing in my life at that time. At this time I am not selling my jewelry. Im not sure what the future holds for Lioness Jewels but for now
I have nothing new in the works.


Where can we find you online?

You can find me on Instagram: Creolelioness Twitter: Creolelioness and on my blog Luvyournaturalhair.blogspot.com

Thank you Carlyne for gracing Catastrophe with your beauty and positivity. If you don't already follow this lovely lady on Twitter and Instagram, make sure you do!! Stop by Luvyournaturalhair.blogspot.com for your natural needs!! Tips, product reviews, and inspiration!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...