Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Holiday Lanterns: $1 Edition


I love mason jars ...and I love mason jar lanterns.  I shared with you last year's Snowflake Lanterns but this year, I decided to make these simple dollar store treats.

Every year my friends and I do an ornament exchange in place of buying each other gifts.  This year I accompanied their ornaments with these little lanterns for the holiday season.


I got the idea for these lanterns on Pinterest (of course!) and pretty much everything it takes to make them costs $1.  $1 cranberries, $1 ribbon, $1 christmas tree greens.  The little mason jars were $2 and the big bag of snow was $6 but there is sooo much left for other projects. 

I simply hot glued the ribbon on, then the greens, and then the cranberries which I cut from $1 branches from Dollar Tree.


I filled them with snow and put a tealight inside. The picture shows a battery operated light but I used real tealights when I gave them as gifts.

When I gave them to my friends, I just placed the ornament string under the top and hung them from the lantern and had the perfect Christmas double gift. 


I love how easy (and quick!) these were and they turned out to be a nice festive holiday present!


Aren't Christmas crafties just your favorite kind?!! ;)

5 comments:

  1. these are adorable! love the touch of greenery and berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the laterns! I just picked up some mason jars from the thrift store and now I know what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mason jar crafts are fun and you made them even better! I love the the ribbon and berries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfectly simple, and just the right price! thank you so much for linking up to our party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! What a simple but awesome gift. Thank's so much for linking up with Tip-toe thru Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...